Growth comes in many shapes and sizes, and is best captured when plans exist to take full advantage of opportunities. Cape Fear Advisors, LLC builds growth-oriented strategic plans for its clients. Our planning process is holistic, and takes into account the full spectrum of issues and challenges — from financing through organization and resource constraints — to build plans that can be measured and achieved.
We provide the full range of planning services, including:
- Objective market position and strength assessments and the inclusion and modeling of broader-based forces that will impact the organization’s opportunities and performance in the coming years.
- Creation of a shared vision for the organization that incorporates growth opportunities and clearly focuses its efforts and resources against a set of attainable objectives.
- Establishment of a strategic planning process, based on state-of-the-art research and years of experience in driving planning for companies from start-up to $2 billion in revenue.
Is the company structured to drive additional growth from current resources? Does the company understand how it can drive growth in the near term?
Nearly 100% of our engagements touch on these questions. We typically find that the company can take some meaningful steps to align itself to accelerate growth within current markets and current customers. In some instances, past success clouds the path; in others, resources are simply out of place.
In thinking through accelerated growth, our efforts might start with:
- Pricing strategies and opportunities
- The time and effort (and effectiveness of that effort) placed on sales management and opportunity management
- The ability of the entire company to explain the real competitive advantages of the company (see our update here on product vs. results selling).
- Broader marketing efforts to support sales pipeline development
- Operational resources to support larger (enterprise-level) customers and opportunities
- Closer-in service extensions
Cape Fear Advisors brings substantial expertise and experience in all aspects of strategic acquisitions, from initial planning activities through the integration of acquired resources and assets. Our involvement has an excellent history of meeting or surpassing a transaction’s objectives. Cape Fear Advisors’ professionals have guided, negotiated and managed deals ranging in value from $1 million technology acquisitions to $200 million acquisitions and $300 million divestitures.
Cape Fear Advisors can provide the full range of business development services or complement our client’s existing capabilities. Specific activities can include:
- Creation of a business development process — aligned with a company’s overall objectives — that becomes measurable and proactive and turns business development into a proactive, measurable part of the company’s growth plans
- Establishment of objectives, milestones and parameters for business development.
- Identification of business development targets — confidentially — for acquisitions and divestitures.
- Identification of key synergies, risks and opportunities for specific business development alternatives
- Active advisory role in negotiations.
- Coordination of third parties (legal, accounting, banking) involved in business development activities.
Outsourced Strategy Office
In longer term engagements, Cape Fear Advisors acts as an outsourced strategy office or department. We can identify and execute against a balanced strategic initiative portfolio. In addition to corporate development, this portfolio might include pricing activities, savings programs and continuous improvement agenda.
Great strategy offices can and should pay for themselves!